Thursday, October 28, 2010

Girl talk !!?

I need advices !! I have a 6 year old who lately has being curious about some things due to she has ';friends'; at daycare that are older than her 2 or 3 yrs %26amp; for what I see the girls talk mature things.. Like yesterday my girl ask me why do mom's %26amp; dad's close their room door %26amp; why do they take of their clothes.. I had no Idea on what to answer.. I don't think she have seen us because we are very careful with this becase we have a 10 yr old ( step -son) around the house too.. SO I just told her that we close the door so the ligth from the TV will not ligth all the hall %26amp; about the clothes that we take some but not all because sometimes the room is hot ( we have a baby in our room) %26amp; the vents are not wide open because of her little sis.. BUt I don't like lie between me %26amp; my daugther how can I explain this to her in a way that she can understand %26amp; won't take it wrong?? I would like for her to feel free to talk to me about anything %26amp; would like to have ansewers for her!! ANy advices !Girl talk !!?
You are right, honesty is best, but we cannot expain too much when they are too young. If she comes up to you again with a tough question I would suggest next time to tell her that mommy would love to answer her question but she needs to do it later. That way you have some time to think about how you will answer her. I would tell her that when you grow up and get married you want some alone time with each other and you do not want to be disturbed that is why the doors are shut. If it's true that you take your clothes off sometimes because it is hot then then I would tell her that. Sometimes that is all they are looking for is a simple answer and it doesn't have to be to in depth. I would tell her that mommy and daddy's like to snuggle with their clothes off, explain to her that this is a private thing that we do when we are adults so she doesn't get the idea it is okay to do it while she is young. If you feel she is ready you then explain to her where baby's come from. I feel that it is good to be as open as you can and as honest as you can. You don't need to go into to many details when they are young that way your line of communication stays open and they feel they can come to you when they are older. Hope this helps and Good luck.Girl talk !!?
Now might be the time for ';the talk';. Take her two the place where it can be just the two of you and tell her the truth about how babies are made and what else people do it for. You might want to have your husband there for this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment